About Ralph Allison
I was born in the Dominican Republic a year after a world war that drove my Viennese parents to seek refuge on this Caribbean island and later to the U.S.
Growing up in Los Angeles, I explored the arts and sciences in the family garage, painting and on occasion conducting lab experiments; after which I earned a degree in Microbiology.
My interest in artistic expression led me to the theatre and a career as a performer and teacher of Theatre Performance at Temple University in Philadelphia and later for 30 years at Concordia University in Montreal.
I have been working as a visual artist, exhibiting in the Montreal area for the past twenty years.
- B.A. University of California, Riverside, Microbiology, 1967
- M.A. University of California, Davis, Theatre, 1969
- Ph.D. Florida State University, Theatre, 1972
- Painting and Drawing, Concordia University, 1995-1998
- Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida, 2008-2010
- School of Jacques Lecoq- Mime, Movement, Theatre, Paris, France, 74-75
- Theatre Workshop with Grotowski, Pittsburgh, 1971
- Commedia Dell’Arte with Carlo Boso (Teatro Piccolo, Milan), Montreal, 1983
- Gallerie Onze, Ste. Anne de Bellevue, 1994-1996
- John Abbott College, Ste. Anne de Bellevue, 2000
- Beaconsfield Library Gallery, Beaconsfield, 2018
- 1968 Theatre, University of California, Davis
- 1970-72 Theatre, Florida State University
- 1972-74 Theatre, Temple University, Phila., Pa
- 1975-2006 Professor, Theatre, Concordia University, Montreal
Over thirty years of experience as a director for the theatre and as an actor for film and stage.
Resume available on request